Friday, October 22, 2010

My "Tin Cup" List

At the recent Technology and Learning conference held at Newell-Fonda and Sigourney, I have heard about a lot of the learning that took place. My opening comment for the day was "this is your learning, you are responsible". During the conference, I tweeted a comment I heard which was "I just want to take 1 thing home and implement it".

So, with so much information and ideas being exchanged, where are you at? I am referring to it as the "Tin Cup List" since a bucket can be overwhelming and inhibit any implementation of the ideas or tools you learned. Now you are back in the classroom; have you taken action?

What have you implemented the new ideas? Have you modeled blogging, posting to a blog, or reaching out to your Personal Learning Network (PLN)? What have you changed in your teaching? Have you shared this with your students? Have you emptied your tin cup or bucket?

There are many other questions to be answered, now is the time to take action....Join the conversation.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to be implementing the flip teaching into my classroom starting next week. I thought about starting this with my 8th grade Algebra I students. This is a good group to start that with since they are a more advanced and motivated group and more adapt to change. I am hoping to try it for a quarter and then possibly implement it into another one of my classes after Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am somewhat taking the same approach as the flip teaching by having the students go over the vocabulary before coming to class using the flashcards available on the online book and in class we will be doing reviews and using the vocabulary in more real situations.

    ReplyDelete