- Enabling students to connect with learners from all over the country who "share their passion" and can help them learn.
- A school's 3 year tech plan should be about curriculum.
- Need to have a curriculum in place to support having a device in every students hands.
- Are we teaching students to read and write in a linked environment (I am including many more links in this post) No one is teaching this; why?
- Our current assessments don't assess creativity ( a skill identified as critical by business)
- If our students are not Google-able by the time they graduate then we have failed them.
- Education is coming close to our "oh crap" moment. We can't just put devices in their hands but look at curriculum and assessment.
- Wikipedia has over 400,000 changes per day. Errors yes, but they can be changed.
- An MIT math textbook had over 100 errors but it can't be corrected without buying another textbook. Online or collaborative online texts can not only be changed but updated immediately.
• Build relationships with others to pose and solve problems collaboratively and
• Design and share information for global communities to meet a variety of
• Manage, analyze, and synthesize multiple streams of simultaneous
• Create, critique, analyze, and evaluate multimedia texts
• Attend to the ethical responsibilities required by these complex environments